With the constantly evolving technology, your marketing plans and success tools need to adapt. As discussed earlier, Snapchat is one of the most widely used social media platforms. So if your target market participates on this network, your brand needs to be on there, too.
Learn how Snapchat can be used to increase brand awareness and drive traffic to landing pages.
Offer Promotions Through Videos
The difference between promoting videos on Snapchat and on any other platform is that Snapchat clips expire after a short time. The idea behind this is that because of the video’s limited availability, consumers are more likely to pay attention to the video and to the specific offer. This can help increase your brand’s awareness, as well as generate sales and/or conversions.
Just remember, if your goal is not only to increase brand awareness, but also to drive traffic to any of your landing pages to increase conversions, be sure to direct users in that direction in your video. Visit this Instapage webpage for more information about creating effective squeeze pages and how they differ from landing pages.
A contest is one of the quickest ways to get engagement on social media. There are a few steps you’ll want to take to run a successful contest on Snapchat:
- Build an audience. In order to build a following you need to cross-promote through other platforms, such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, or via cross-promotion with a related brand in your industry. Encourage your followers to come follow you on Snapchat.
- Define your contest rules. Go into your contest with a defined plan. This should include your contest dates, the method of how a winner will be chosen, how the winner will be notified, how long the winner has to respond, etc. Most Snapchat contests only run for 24 hours due to the fast pace of the app. You can create a short blog post that includes all this information and share it on your other platforms as well. Keep in mind, you’ll want to take screenshots of all your photo entries for judging!
- Share entries through your feed. Doing this will engage your community and get more people interested in the contest.
GrubHub is one brand that makes great use of Snapchat contests. In the image below, you can see that GrubHub, a well-known food delivery company, asked its followers to use Snapchat’s drawing feature to create a doodle to send to GrubHub. The company then chose ten of the submitted snaps and rewarded them with a discount:
If you have a new product or a new feature, share it! This is definitely one of the easiest ways to increase your brand awareness through Snapchat. Create a demonstration photo or an instructional video and share it with your followers.
Hosting a Snapchat Q&A is another great way to increase brand awareness and build an established Snapchat following.
To do this, you must first set a specific date and time for your Q&A. Encourage all your followers to send in their questions via Snapchat before this date to ensure that you have enough questions when your Q&A airs. When choosing which questions to answer, be sure to make it a mix of both business-related questions and other less serious questions in order to humanize your brand a bit more.
When it comes time to host your Q&A, separate the question and the answer into two different Snaps, since the videos can only be a maximum of 10 seconds. In addition, acknowledge the author of the question to make them feel recognized and connected to your brand.
Introduce Special Events
If your goal is to drive traffic to your landing page and increase leads, using Snapchat to introduce special events can be an effective technique. Simply use your Snapchat story to post videos of yourself providing information about the event, including:
- Event name
- Goal or importance
Be sure to then direct viewers to your landing page to register for the event. Since snaps cannot be hyperlinked (e.g. to a landing page), the best way to send out your link is to add a text overlay with your link. Users can then screenshot the snap and search your link outside of Snapchat.
Employ Snapchat Influencers
There are two major ways to utilize Snapchat influencers:
- Reach out to key influencers in your target market to inquire about creating a sponsored post with them. Although it may take some time to see desired results, having a trustworthy influencer support your brand certainly increases brand awareness, and may even lead to an expanded following and customer base.
- Engage in Snapchat takeovers. A Snapchat takeover is when a Brand A allows Brand B to “take over” their Snapchat account for a certain period of time, so that Brand B can create their own story to enhance Brand A’s company. During this time, Brand B also typically sends all of its followers over to Brand A’s account to watch the snaps.
Monitoring the latest digital marketing trends can only help you better engage with your target audience. Whether that means engaging on different social media networks, alternating content platforms, or using more visual media, technology is constantly evolving so you need to evolve with it. Keeping an eye on past trends has allowed us to compile this list of the digital marketing trends that you can expect to see in 2017.